Semolina Porridge

My mother used to make the best porridge. She did not make it often but I loved it every time she made it. Back then I did not know if it was easy or difficult to make the porridge. All I knew was that I loved the sweet creamy goodness.


Today I made this porridge for breakfast for my daughter. Like my mother I do not make it often. I prefer oatmeal. But just like me my daughter enjoys a warm cup of porridge. I like a moderately thick porridge. Adjust the ratio of semolina to milk based on whether you like the porridge runny or thick.

You will need (2 servings)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup semolina
2 tbsp. sugar (adjust to taste)

Warm the milk and keep aside. Roast the semolina in a pan over medium heat. When there is a very slight change in color add the sugar and the warm milk. Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.


Enjoy!



Sending this to the Kid's Delight event hosted this month by Mireille who blogs at Chef Mireille's East West Realm.



This is my entry for week one, day three of BM #52 for the theme Creamy Foods. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#52.

Comments

  1. Porridge sounds delicious . Even I don't make it very often , but then I always make with fada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a filling porridge, i tried similar one with cornmeal and kids loved it..hope semolina porridge will works as much as the cornmeal porridge, will give a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a comforting bowl of porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A filling porridge. I used to have this during my pregnancy when I was able to keep down just this porridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A filling and yummy porridge. You reminded me my MIL who used to make this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.