Maharastrian Thali and Gudi Padwa

I would like to wish all my readers a very happy and prosperous New Year on the occasion of Gudi Padwa and Ugadi. This new year day is special as my Father is visiting. I am posting a simple thali of marathi everyday dishes. There is poli (chapati) and rice, a dry side and a side with gravy, a salad some chutney and dessert.


This simple menu is cooked without onion or garlic as most dishes in our house are. It is filling and satisfying. My family enjoyed this simple meal with interesting conversation. Hope you all had a pleasant day with your families. Once again Happy New Year!

The menu
Shrikhand (you could also make Amrakhand)
Green Chutney
Cucumber Koshimbir (recipe coming soon)
Batata upasachi bhaji / Potato dry side
Mugachi usal (Mung side with gravy)
Rice
Waran

Comments