Toblerone Chocolate Fondue

In Switzerland fondue usually refers to cheese fondue. But a few decades back in an attempt to popularize Toblerone chocolates a restaurant owner introduced the chocolate fondue made with Toblerone. This is an attempt to recreate that recipe.


Chocolate is very much loved in my family. When we were kids my father used to bring home these huge bars of Toblerones from his Europe trips. They would last for days. Though it is pretty rich I sometimes bring home a small tobler from the checkout area. I made made chocolate fondue before but this is the first time I used a tobler. I usually use chocolate chips. This version was simply delicious. It had the rich taste of the toblerone.


The chocolate is melted in a double boiler and mixed with melted butter and cream. The resultant gooey chocolate is served in a fondue pot. Apples or cake are used to as dippers.

Recipe adapted from here
You will need for a small batch
2 Toblerones 1.7 oz. each
2 tbsp. or a splash of cream or half and half
1/4 tbsp. of butter

Dippers
apple chunks
pound cake cubes

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the melted butter and cream (or half and half). Cook for a couple minutes until it thickens. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chunks of fruit or cake.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love this so much!..very nice one..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all in for anything that is made of chocolate. Mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sinful dessert snd a treat for chocolate lovers. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very tempting and delicious fondue. I have to dust off my fondue pot and make this some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fondue - it was very popular some years back but not so much now however I do have some fondue pots I need to dust off

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.