Pakistani Meal

I chose to cook a Pakistani meal so I could make rumali roti. I have always been fascinated by the see-through roti but did not have the special equipment needed to make it. Recently a friend told me about a stove top method and I have wanted to try it. This menu was planned around rumali roti.


Alu bhujia was a new way of cooking potatoes and very tasty too. Potatoes being very popular in my house this was my choice for main vegetable side. Maste khiar or cucumber salad is a variation of one of the most popular salads in this part of the world. The Lahori dal added the needed protein to the meal. I debated on whether to make rice to go with the dal and finally decided not to make any. Shir khurma or sevinya is a simple dessert made with vermicelli.


I did not try any new ingredients for this meal but used well known ingredients in a different way. I have made roti or chapati almost every day for years but this roti was something different. I am glad I tried it. I also made a new friend in the process. She has a blog and lives in Pakistan. I checked with her before finalizing the recipes.

Here are the recipes for the dishes on the menu
And for dessert


Comments

  1. All your meals for this bm have been complete, from salads, main course to desserts. This is no exception. Mouthwatering menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of the ramzan eid day when our lone muslim neighbour sent us this feast ...all these plus extra boxes of sheer kurma amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely meal, Varada. It is interesting to note that you have 'consulted' a Pakistani blogger to verify the authenticity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your meal Varada..everything looks so delicious...It's interesting how you were able to find a potato dish for all the meals..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow sheer khurma and the meal is so tempting :) I wud like to invite myself to your place to finish this exotic platter :) I love pakistani food a lot they are similar indian .. Very nicely presented !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pakistani meal served on that Pakistani green color looks perfectly made and well presented and made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a hearty and filling Pakistani meal. Everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Varada! Where did you get this much of patience to cook such elaborate dishes ranging from salads to desserts? This is one more lovely meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what can I say - you never cease to impress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Varada.Lovely presentation with a green background and no nice that you could consult someone for the authentic version of the dish.Will go and check out the recipes from this meal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this a delicious meal. will check out the recipes later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.