Lamingtons

Lamingtons are coconut and chocolate covered sponge cake squares very popular in Australia.


I had no idea how ordinary sponge cake would be transformed after being coated with chocolate and coconut. Delicious!

To make the Lamingtons
I used the recipe for the sponge cake from the King Arthur website. I followed it exactly and I got a 9x9 sponge cake. I cut it into 9 squares.


To make the chocolate icing put 1 tbsp. butter, 1/2 cup warm milk, 1 cup powdered sugar (I ran regular sugar through the grinder) and 3 tbsp. cocoa powder in a double boiler. Heat until all ingredients are combined and melted.


Dunk the sponge cake square into the chocolate using forks and put it on the cooling stand.


Sprinkle desiccated coconut over the chocolate.


It looks messy because it is very messy.


Leave the squares to dry off. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. lamingtons look very yumm.. First time here. Nice space. Do visit mine when you find time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamingtons are my fav, i'll go crazy about this fantastic cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.