Kobichi Bhaji (Cabbage Side)

I try new dishes all the time and my family enjoys that. However, I also make a lot of popular everyday dishes that I have made for years. I realized the other day that I rarely blog these recipes and decided to change that. Every few days I plan on blogging a simple every day side or salad. Kobichi bhaji is a simple Maharashtrian side.

I used frozen peas in the bhaji today. You can use fresh peas or potatoes or both. In that case you will want to cook the peas or potatoes for a couple minutes before adding the cabbage.


You will need
1 head of cabbage, shredded
1 cup frozen peas, not thawed
1 tsp. mustard seeds
1/4 asafoetida
1 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to tast
1 tbsp. olive oil

Heat olive oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle add the asafoetida and turmeric powder. Add the shredded cabbage and frozen peas. Cook the cabbage in the open pan for about 5-10 minutes on medium low heat.


Add salt to taste. Cover and cook until tender but not mushy. Serve hot with poli.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.